Mobile devices are quickly becoming de-facto for conducting transaction of all kinds in B2B and B2C scenarios. Mobile Apps created for these devices drive these interactions.
Based on business needs apps are created with appropriate technology platforms. Below are addressed in details some of the major ones:
1. React native
Being an emerging open-source framework from the house of Facebook, it allows quick prototyping and high initial velocity. It even comes with features like hot reloading that can ease the running of new code and retain the application state of the app at the same time.
In short, React Native is all about increasing the efficiency of developers across Android and iOS platforms. Here are the striking features of React Native:
· Low-Code ensure faster app development
· Offering Compatible Third-party Plugins
· Supports Both iOS and Android
· Simple Error detection
· Simple Interface and excellent user experience
Cordova or Phone Gap are the another most leading framework that runs HTML and JS-based applications and is compatible to work with hardware features such as GPS, Speakers, location, accelerometer and more. Since this framework is supported by a fairly powerful server-side, applications developed with Cordova function faster. Also, it comes with a plugin system that omits the limitation of the browser and can access all mobile device capabilities. Some unique features of Cordova are:
· Easier app development process with Command Line Interface
· Cordova Core Components
· Cordova offers API
· License is Cordova
Ionic is an HTML5 mobile app development framework which works as a complete open source SDK and is used for building hybrid mobile apps with the help of web technologies such as CSS, HTML5, and SASS. Ionic is an ideal tool to create interactive applications as it provides a whole library of components and tools optimized for mobile devices. Its cross-platform capability allows developers to create any sort of application in a limited timeline.
Using this framework is pretty easy. It can be easily merged with AngularJS for building advanced apps. Ionic offers a vast library of JS CSS, CSS, and HTML components optimized for mobiles, gestures and tools. It is known to work well with predefined components. Here are some out of the box features that make Ionic stand apart in the list:
· Pre-designed UI components for different mobile devices and platforms
· Write once, run anywhere code based for seamless development experience
· Developer-friendly tools add an advantage to the development process
· Strong community of over 5 million developers
· Faster app development process
Flutter is a Software Development Kit (SDK) launched by Google in 2017 that facilitates the development of mobile apps for Android, iOS, and Google Fuchsia, a new platform being developed by Google.
· Rich motion APIs
· Flexible and an expressive UI
· Exceptional native performance
· Strong widget support
· High-performance application
Xamarin is one of the top cross-platform app development frameworks based on .NET and powered by Microsoft. It is built on C# programming language and serves as a great choice for developing any native application. Since it makes extensive reuse of data access across platforms and business logic layers, it proves to be beneficial for operations where a huge amount of data, image recognition and offline mode needs to be incorporated.
Further, it doesn’t only work as a mono framework and facilitates communication with the API of mobile devices but, also helps developers create strong and scalable mobile apps with the use of its high-end QA and testing features. The demanding features of Xamarin are below:
· Support of a strong community of approax 60,000 contributors
· Versatile backend infrastructure
· Offering various app diagnostic tools
· Applications loader to make it work faster
· Various code signing
· Android SDK manager
· Faster Development with a single codebase
6. Android Studio
Android studio is basically an integrated development environment (IDE) based on IntelliJ IDEA. It is extensively for Android application development. Further, it also accelerates the whole development process by making it faster and more production with its plethora of options for app development.
Value addition features of Android Studio are below:
· Officially supported by Google
· Easy to integrate with Google Services
· Pushes fast to the built-in emulator
· Generate extremely fast preview
· Uses the powerful Gradle build tool out of the box
· Live code updates and renderings of app
· Can test Google Play Services API straight from the emulator
Xcode works like Apple’s integrated development environment (IDE) created to develop applications for a plethora of Apple products ranging from iPad, iPhone, and Mac. It makes use of a single-window interface that helps developers manage app development from the beginning to the end. Further, it also supports a variety of programming languages such as C, C++, Java, Python, Ruby, etc. Its testing environment is also impeccable.
Valuable features are below:
· Its user-friendly interface helps the current coding process without interrupting the development and editing in the main window.
· It has smooth navigation to find specific data
· It allows developers to test apps no matter what the targeted device is.
· Interface launches automatically the debug mode but it can also execute other operations when customized.
8. Visual Studio
Visual code aka Visual Studio is developed by Microsoft and works as a source code editor. Supported throughout Windows, macOS, and Linux, it is not only free and open-source but, also works as major support for debugging as well as controlling the inbuilt Git version control.
Further, Visual code comes with a highly customizable user interface, thereby helping users to switch between different themes, keyboard shortcuts, and preferences.
Important features of Visual Studio:
· Easy to use debug and testing tools which makes trouble-shooting code issues much easier.
· Extremely easy Integration through nuget
· Refactoring is so much easier
· Offers a free Community Edition of the IDE
· Fully integrated with Microsoft Team Foundation Server, running well in SCRUM scenarios.
8. Sublime Text
Sublime Text is a cross-platform source code editor based on the Python application programming interface (API). It comes with high-end features like code folding functionalities, syntax highlighting, and auto-completion. It also comes with a customized user interface kit which helps in its optimization while enhancing its speed and beauty.
Pros of Sublime Text:
· Super easy to use for basic text manipulation
· Fantastic syntax definition tool that automatically creates an index of every class
· Low memory usage.
· Cross-platform support for Mac, Windows, and Linux.
· Automatic code formatting/syntax highlighting.
Java is one of the most popularly used programming languages that will continue to inspire developers to create high performance apps. It is an object-oriented programming language that provides an open-source library to make the entire app development process faster. The best part about using Java to create a Native Android app is developers can leverage the best community support and documentation. Apart, here are a few features of Java that you need to know.
· Easy to learn and simple to understand
· Quick to code
· Resources are easily available
· Official language for Android app development
In conclusion, these are a few of the many app development tools that can help you create a high-end app seamlessly. From robust development features to impeccable faster market time, their frameworks have it all. When these advanced technologies come in the hand of our expert developers, we make robust enterprise apps as per requirements of the companies.
We at Performix have a proficient team of developers. Working as a leading mobile app development company, we have 25 years of experience in developing robust enterprise apps and exceeding the expectations of our clients. Approach us for your needs.